PAGES

ABOUT SPONSOR CONTACT

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tiropita Savory Cheese Pie Recipe

Before I begin, let me point out that while these were super delicious, they were really difficult and stressful to make! Do not make these at a time when you have little time or patience! Unless you are a pro like me...just kidding :)

Via


  • 16 oz. feta cheese
  • 8 oz. ricotta cheese
  • 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 box phyllo dough, set out and thawed to room temperature
  • oil
  • 2 eggs, beaten

1. In a large bowl, mix feta, ricotta, mozzarella and eggs together until well blended.

2. VERY CAREFULLY!!! peel off 3 layers of Fillo Dough and set them down

3. Brush the top layer with oil and, if you're brave, the other two layers as well

4.Put a big glob of the mix at a corner of the Fillo Dough (Preheat oven to 350)

5. Fold like so:

Via
The 3rd image is kind of confusing; Just flip over the triangle in the second image

Via
Flip, flip, flip until you make this triangle shape.

Again, be VERY CAREFUL because this stuff rips so freaking easily.
My first try didn't make a triangle. In fact, it wasn't even recognizable as a shape, just a ball of mush...

6. Stick 'em in the oven and they'll be done in about 20 mins! 

Well, I hope you have better success than I did! At least the last one I made turned out alright....

Phoebe XO


No comments:

Post a Comment