PAGES

ABOUT SPONSOR CONTACT

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Guide to NYC, part two

I talked to you about where to stay and where to eat. Today, I'm going to share what to do and where to go in the city. Here are a couple of my favorite places....

What to Do

1. Sail around New York. Think: wine, cheese, bread, and seafood. I've never actually tried this, but this is definitely on my "must-see" list.

2. Try kayaking on the river. I've never tried this either, but all I can imagine is feeling invigorated and refreshed after.

3. Get entranced by the MET. This is one of my favorite museums ever. My brother took us to this museum and the pieces were absolutely break-taking. You won't regret it.

4. This might be a cliché, but get lost in Central Park. Pack yourself a picnic, walk around, ride on a horse-drawn carriage, be entertained by all the street performers, and just lay on the grass.

5. One of my favorite places to be at in NYC is East Village (specifically, St. Marks) I love the culture. You'll find many starving artists, hipsters, and musicians. It's really diverse. It's also where I hope to love some day.

6. Go on a bike ride on the Brooklyn Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge is without a doubt, my favorite bridge. I'm not sure if it's because of its history or industrial design..maybe both.


Where to Go

1. See minimalist and modern art at MoMA. Also among my favorite museums.

2. See the Statue of Liberty. You can't go to New York without ever seeing the Statue of Liberty!

3. Head to the very top of the Empire State Building. You'll get the most amazing panoramas of the city.

4. If you happen to go during the winter, go ice skating at Rockefeller Center.

5. See a broadway show. I love doing this with my family. It can get pricey, but in the end it's totally worth it.

6. Get a good view of the city, but riding a cable car. Also, one of my favorite things to do. When I went with my mom, she used to be terrified of heights (she still is), but she thoroughly enjoyed it as much as I did.

That sums it up for this little guide.

xo/alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment