- 8oz of bean thread noodles
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in bite-size pieces)
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (divided)
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules
- 6 green onions (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 can (11oz) of whole peeled lychees
Making the noodles:
1. Cut the bundle of noodles in half
2. Heat water on the kettle
3. In a large bowl, pour the water over the noodles
4. When noodles are done, drain and set them aside
Making the sauce:
1. Place 1/4 cup of cornstarch in resealable food bag and add chicken Shake until chicken is well coated.
2. Combine remaining teaspoon of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water in a small cup and mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine 1/4 cup of water, tomato sauce, sugar, and bouillon granules in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Chop up vegetables and set aside.
5. Heat oil in wok/skillet over high heat. Add chicken, stir-fry 3 to 5 mins. Add vegetables, stir-fry one min.
6. Add tomato sauce mixture and lychees to wok/skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to wok/skillet. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
8. Mix noodles into wok/skillet.
8. Mix together and serve in bowl.
I hope you like it!!
Coming soon: Sweet-Hot Orange Chicken Drumettes!