These are actually made with with plantains which is funny because when I was little I could never really tell the difference between plantains and bananas. So, I called them banana fritters. My mom makes these on rare occasion and it's actually her own recipe. These are so sweet and scrumptious - perfect as a snack or dessert.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2-3/4 cup of water, 2 plantains
1. Dump your flour into a bowl. Add water little by little and mix after each addition, to get the right consistency. It should be liquidy, but thick as a stew. Once you have the right consistency, add the sugar and mix until well incorporated.
2. Slice your plantains once they've been peeled.
3. Add them gradually to the mixture. Be sure every banana slice is coated.
4. Fry them in groups of 3-4 plantain slices. If they mess up once they've gotten to the sauce pan, feel free to fix their arrangement as long as they're wet and not stuck together.
5. Drain the oil by placing the fried plantain fritters on a plate with a paper towel underneath. Sprinkle with sugar while still hot and a bit oily. Flip over and sprinkle on other side. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until no mixture is left.
6. Plate on a nice platter or big plate. Enjoy!