Now, this has probably happened to all of us...getting stumped while traveling or not wearing the appropriate shoes to a fancy restaurant. Before I created this list, I would always have a problem: what shoes to pack? Although I always check the weather ahead, I'm always uncertain. Here's a list of five travel-worthy shoes....
1. Ballet flats or oxfords. In my recent trip to Paris, I brought a pair of tan ballet flats. It's a great investment, if you find some that will work for everyday use. These are much more appropriate to wear at a fancy restaurant than those running shoes. I like these in yellow or pink.
|via J. Crew|
2. TOMS or espadrille flats. I haven't quite owned any of these. However, from what I hear, they're really comfy. Plus, they're becoming quite trendy. I like this color in TOMS and these cute espadrilles.
3. Rainboots (Hunters, if possible). I've had loads of experience with rain boots and the cheap knock-offs aren't worth it. Water soaks your feet and it gets disgusting. These are perfect for when you're going to a rainy or snowy environment. I have these in green.
4. Sandals. Save the tacky water-proof flip flops for something less casual. Traveling is not a joke. You want to look your best - especially for those photos you want to brag about. Try something simple like these.
|via Free People|
5. Chic sneakers (not, absolutely, not your bulky running shoes. save those for the gym!). If you're going bring sneakers, then please make them what I deem "fashion sneakers." I like these.