Today I will be writing about cake pops! I love making cake pops because its so fun, easy, simple, and delicious.
|These are some of the cake pops I have made.|
What you need:
- cake mix
- sprinkles or any kind of topping (optional)
- candy melts/ wafer (you can find this at your local arts and craft store)
- lollipop sticks (you can also find this at your local arts and craft store)
- Styrofoam or anything that can hold your cake pops up
1.What you first need is any cake mix or you can make it yourself.
My favorite cake mix is the:
2. Bake the cake; follow the directions on the box.
3. Once the cake has cooled off, break the cake into crumbs.
4. Then you add the the frosting. The measurements of the frosting varies. For one box I usually put 2-3 spoonful of frosting. (make sure you don't put too much because it will turn out too sweet)
5. Once your mixture is sticky and your crumbs are able to stick to each other, grab a spoon full of the mixture and rolls it into a ball. ( The ball should be almost equivalent to a ping pong ball)
6. Once you have used up all your mix, put the cake balls into the freezer to let them take their shape.
Leave it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour.
7. Once you have done so, take out your candy wafer and melt them. Make sure you you have enough melts that you can dip your cake pops in. (follow the directions for melting on the packaging)
8. Take out your cake balls and get out your lollipop sticks. Dip about 1-2 cm of the lollipop stick in the candy melts, then stick it in the cake ball. Once you have done so, dip the cake pop in the the candy melts and take it out and start tapping the cake pop one the edge of your bowl in a spinning it to get excess candy melts off.
9. Quickly get your sprinkles or topping and sprinkle it on your cake pop because the candy melts hardens fast. Repeat step 8 and 9 until you did all of the cake pops.
10. Place your cake pop up right on your styrofoam holder and let it dry. Once your done, store it in the freezer or refrigerator.
I hope that helps. Enjoy the treats for yourself or for family and friends.